Library & Information Centre
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
JSS College has been providing the need based quality education to the students of the rural background. The College has developed a well-equipped Library & Information Centre. The Library has 26179 books, good Number of Journals, Magazines & Newspapers, Subject and Language related Dictionaries, Classic Books on different subjects, Encyclopedias, Minor Research Project reports and various District Gazetteers, Government Reports and hardbound Journals.
Working Hours – 9.30 AM to 5.00 PM (Monday to Friday)
Saturday – 9.30 AM to 1.30 PM
- To provide students centered learning environment that facilitates transfer of information and to cater the needs of its users to access it.
- To Explore and Implement innovative technologies and services.
- To provide comprehensive resources and services in support of Research, Teaching & Learning needs of the academic community.
- To facilitate access the right information at the right time in the right manner.
Facilities and Services
- Open access to printed documents
- Access to E-Journals & E-Books through INFLIBNET
- DIRC (Digital Information Resource center)
- CIRC (Career Information Resource center)
- Overnight Reference
- Extension of Library Service to alumni of the College
- Access to audio/video materials
- Previous year question papers ( hardcopy and scanned)
- Previous year PGCET question papers (hardcopy and scanned)
- Display of New Arrival Books
- CCTV Surveillance
- Book Bank Facility for SC/ST
- Suggestion Box
- Library Committee
- Koha Library Automation Software
SECTIONS OF LIBRARY
- Acquisition Section
- Technical Section
- Circulation Section
- Reference Section
- Periodical Section
- Bound Volume Section
- Computer Section
CIRC (Career Information Resource Centre)
DIRC (Digital Information Resource Centre)
The Library has been organizing the following programs
- National Librarians day on 12th August
- Library orientation program
- World Book day – 23rd April
- Books will Exhibit on special occasions
- Moral based quotations are displaying in the notice board of the Library
|SL No.||Library Resources||Number|
A Library Advisory Committee has been constituted with all departmental Head’s representing different disciplines. Librarian is the Coordinator and Principal is the Chairman.
Girish Kumar D.B.
Librarian, MLISc., D.Ed., KSET
Library Assistant, MLISc