About the Department:
The Department came into existence with the starting of the College in the year of 1983. This is one the language Department in the College and has about 99% of the students of the college studying kannada has a first language in the first two years (I semester to IVth Semester) and the student who opted kannada as an optional paper studying for three years. (VI semesters)
The Department, since its inception, has had many distinguished writers on its staff and has rendered meritorious services to the department. The present Head of the Department is Smt. Jayasheela. M.A, M.Phil.
The Department is proud to place the record that good number of students who are from rural background secured first class and have become Master Degree holders in kannada, as well as B.Ed teaching profession Graduates and most of them were occupied important Professions in the Government and private like KAS Officers, Professors, Lecturers, Teachers, lawyers, Administrative staff etc., and positions in the society like social service, founders for NGO and other walks of life.
- To teach them the values of Humanity and Great poets and Literary person,
- To inculcate in them the values of life and make them responsible citizen of society.
- To enhance their knowledge for overall social and educational development.
- Teaching language as a tool and technique to understand basic Human nature, communication skill
- Interaction progrmme with the great literary persons, to inspire the learning and writing skill
- Motivating the students to involve in the literary work of the Kannada language development.
- Language club and lab, Poet meet, writing workshop
|1||Basavaraju M||Head & Assistant Professor of Kannada||M.A., M.Phil.|
|2||Dr. N. M Girijapathi||Assistant Professor of Kannada||M.A., P.hD|
|2||Siddamallikarjunaswamy H S||Assistant Professor of Kannada||M.A|