The Department of Geography was started in the year 1983-84. The subject is being taught as one of the optional subjects for B.A course and first semester B.Com course. It is one of the major subjects in humanities (Arts Combination) and offered HEG and KEG combinations. This is the only subject in Arts which has theoretical and practical based curriculum. The department of Geography brings out almost cent percent result every year. The Department has well equipped Laboratory, Teaching aids, Maps, Demonstration sets and Instruments for better understanding of the subject. It attracts more number of students every year due to owing its academic performance.
- To nurse the hidden Talents of the students
- To Make them to contribute much in the field of professional course
- To Train up the students to become independent and self reliant
- Strengthen the rural students to face modern challenges
- To mould the young generations to achieve steadfastness to the principles and technical education
To make the students to stand on their own and earn their own bread