The 23rd Pontiff of Suttur Math, Jagadguru Dr. Sri Shivarathri Rajendra Mahaswamiji was a great visionary who even at the tender age of 12, initiated the establishment of a boarding home for poor students from rural areas under the auspices of the Math.
This beginning made way to the establishment of JSS Mahavidyapeetha. This institution has spread its wings across the nation and foreign countries. Much of what has been achieved by JSS Mahavidyapeetha is a direct result of the dynamic leadership provided by His Holiness.
Strive to achieve greater heights in Higher Education. To bring out the best in young Men and Women by providing Value Based, Career Oriented Education and create Self- Reliant Global Citizens.
- To plan and continuously provide necessary infrastructural and learning resources for Quality Education.
- To help students in achieving Academic Excellence.
- To uphold the glorious tradition of our National Heritage in global scenario.
- To stimulate activities in strengthening professional competency of Teaching and Non-teaching staff.
- To involve employers, employees, students, alumni, NGO’s and the general public in the activities of the institution.
- To establish a system for communication amongst students, alumni, management, employees and the society at large to create a healthy atmosphere for vision oriented growth.
- To update the knowledge of students through quality education and make them responsible citizens.
- To adapt and excel in general education.
- To impart quality education to mould the holistic personality of rural students.
- To ignite the young minds by changing and synchronizing their energies and nurture their hidden talents for National development.
- To sensitize the rural students so as to imbibe human values and create a healthy atmosphere for learning.
- To promote the attitude for intellectual growth and develop skills necessary for self reliance.
- To promote national integration and achieve the goals enshrined in our constitution.