ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
- The Department of History was established in the year 1983
- Course : BA
- Combinations : History, Economics, Political Science (HEP)
- History, Economics, Geography (HEG)
- History, Political Science (HP)
- To create historical awareness.
- To inculcate the human values among the students for the development of healthy society.
- To create awareness about local culture and sense of appreciation.
- To teach History as an inter connected subject matter, tracing links from the most ancient period to the present world.
- Teaching history as a tool and technique to understand basic human nature.
- To enable the students to analyze every dynamic situation with a historical approach.
- To develop a sense of probing documents, edicts and historical monuments.
- To teach history by subjecting the students to empirical approach by conducting field study tours, visits to historical places.
- Qualified and Committed faculty
- Historical Excursions in and around outside the Gundlupet Taluk
- Departmental Library
- Extension Lectures by Faculty
- Rural Background
- Students are first Generation Learners
- Opportunity Corporate needs history for their Libraries and archives
- To start PG Programme and Certificate courses
- Conducting Classes for Competitive Examinations
- Financial Constraints of the students
- Low motivation among the students
- Dropouts of students
- Rural Socio – economic Background of the students
- Communication Skill