About the College
JSS College of Arts and Commerce, Gundlupet was established in 1983 with the blessings of his Holiness Dr. Shivarathri Rajendra Mahaswamiji. It is situated in Gundlupet a border town in Chamarajanagar district. The college is located in a sprawling 5 acres 24 guntas of land surrounded by greenery. The college is affiliated to the University of Mysore and has been recognized under section 2(f) and 12B by University Grant Commission. The college offers a Bachelor’s Degree in Arts and Commerce (B.A, B.Com & B.C.A). In addition to these degrees the college has started B.C.A course from this academic year and also conducts certificate courses.
The college has been rendering selfless service through providing quality and value based education to the rural students of Gundlupet and surrounding places, with the constant support of the management, parents as well as the dedicated efforts of teaching and non-teaching staff, the college is making commendable progress on several fronts. The college encourages its students to excel in academic and co-curricular spheres. The college has good infrastructure facilities, such as, well equipped Classrooms, Labs, Library and Information centre, Spacious Sports ground, Canteen and Women’s Hostel, which are adequate enough to meet the needs of higher education of the young aspirants of this rural and backward area.
Strive to achieve greater heights in quality of Higher Education. for the young students, to provide valued based education and to create self-reliant global citizens.
- To excel in general education.
- To impart quality education to mould the better personality of rural students.
- To promote the attitude of intellectual growth and to develop necessary skills for self-reliance.
- To bridge the gap between knowledge and development in social, cultural and scientific aspects of our students of privileged and under privileged sections.
- To prepare students as globally competent, responsive and responsible citizens
- To work towards all round personality development of our students.