ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
- Name of the Department : ENGLISH
- Year of Establishment : 01.07.1983
- Name of the Programms : B.A. and B.Com.
- Evaluation System : Semester scheme
- Number of teaching posts – 02
- The Department of English was established in the year 1983. Since then it has been catering to teaching English Language and Literature and promoting interest and creativity in the English language.
- The department is run by vibrant teachers helping the students to express effectively in English and make them realize that the lessons in the texts are also lessons in life to excel in any field they choose.
- The adequate learning resources in the Departmental Library and the Language Laboratory strengthen teaching and learning and expand the horizon of knowledge.
- The Department of English strives to be a leader in Education, attracting leading Scholars and providing a rich educational experience for students.
- The faculty Members of the Department will continue to provide innovative and quality teaching to our students which will further enhance its National and International recognition for its students by conducting Spoken English, Language – Lab and Communication skill Classes
- To encourage citizenship and service to the community is also a motto of the Department.
- To ensure the Graduation of competent and relative Individuals in the study of English language.
- To graduate students with distinctive bachelors in English language enabling them to adapt to new challenges and changes in their future.
- To bridge gaps between native cultures and foreign cultures through positive exposure and education.
- Develop Language and Communication skills of the students through the latest technological means
- To update the teaching approaches in English language in enhancing the teaching-learning methodology in the interest of students of rural area.
OBJECTIVES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- To enhance communicative skills through language and literature
- To reinforce listening, speaking skills through practice in the language lab
- cultivate a value-added life to face challenges and achieve excellence
- To develop global competency
- To strengthen aesthetic sense
- To give the students a platform to express their creativity and talent.
|01||Uma. M||Assistant Professor of English||M.A, B.Ed|
|02||Mahadevaswamy. M||Assistant Professor of English||M.A, B.Ed|